- Amanda Crittenden, RYT 500, Scholé yoga and certified AcroYoga teacher, is a lifelong student with a passion for learning and continual growth. Amanda has been an acroyogi since August 2011 — enjoying the support, kind communication, and connection the practice brings. Scholé yoga has changed her life – building intuition, confidence, & strength, all things she loves to share through teaching.
- Carla began practicing yoga in 2007 and has since completed 500 hours of advanced studies in Alignment Yoga, based in Madison, Wisconsin. As the only Alignment Yoga instructor in Utah, she appreciates sharing its unique therapeutic tools and techniques to help others develop more stability, ease, and resilience in both body and mind. Carla’s classes are customized to cultivate mindfulness and flow of vitality in the body with attention to optimal alignment, breath, and inner awareness. She has trained in trauma-sensitive yoga and kids yoga and became a Reiki Master in 2015, all of which have deepened her yoga practice and instruction. In addition to teaching private sessions and public group classes throughout SLC, she also teaches at Huntsman Cancer Wellness Center and for Osher Lifelong Learning at the University of Utah, and she serves as Director of School Programs for GreenTREE Yoga, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, bringing yoga into elementary school classrooms. Off the mat, Carla loves studying Ayurveda, preparing healthy food, exploring the outdoors, traveling, and spending time with friends, family, and felines.
- Diana began practicing yoga in high school. She completed her 200 hour yoga certification with Denise Druce at the University of Utah in 2011 and has been teaching ever since. She continued her yoga training with Dana Baptiste’s Inbody Academy 1000 hour program. Yoga has been a transforming force in her life, and she enjoys sharing the gift of yoga with her students. She also teaches aerial arts and loves being outdoors
- Hannah became a doula and started studying midwifery at age eighteen. She has been attending births all her life, since she was born at home along with her all of her five siblings. She apprenticed with many midwives (CPM’s and CNM’s) in Utah, Oregon and Arizona assisting in many home births and birth-centers births. In 2010 she had beautiful experiences doing midwifery volunteer work in and out of hospitals in Haiti and The Domincan Republic. Shortly after passing the NARM board exam in 2012 and becoming a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), she left to serve a full-time eighteen month mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Upon returning she spent the summer working as a behavioral health technician at a troubled teen boys facility in southern Arizona. She then moved to Utah, became Licensed (LDEM) and practiced as a staff midwife at the Birthing Your Way birth center for nearly two years. She now has a home birth midwifery practice here in Salt Lake City. Yoga, meditation, dancing, rhythm and movement of the body in general have been some of her life-long loves. She participated and taught many forms of dance throughout her life. Early in 2016 she finished the 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training through Utah Prenatal Yoga and has thoroughly enjoyed teaching yoga and seeing its benefits ever since! “Bringing the soul into unity with The Divine through yoga has been and remains to be the most blissful, challenging, expansive, and peace-inducing journey of my life. I feel it an honor and a joy to share in this journey with all like-minded seekers of enlightenment.
- Jana is a Utah native who has been practicing Kalari and Ashtanga at WA&Y for 2 and a half years. She was able to journey to India last spring where she was able to study Kalari in Chennai with Shaji K John and at ENS Kalari with E.S. Narayanan Embrantir Gurukkal in Kochi. Jana is an avid fan of herbal medicine, raising chickens, being a mother of teenage children, and her big dogs. She is excited to begin the yoga teacher training program at WA&Y very soon!
- “I’m a student from Salt Lake City who loves to learn and experience new things. I have practiced yoga my whole life, even in times when I didn’t realize it. My primary practice is Ashtanga, and I’ve been a dedicated Ashtangi for 3 years now. While my heart lies in this practice, I have a deep love for all types of yoga and its sister practices, such as Ayurveda and Jyotish. I’ve studied and trained here in Salt Lake, as well as Mysore, India with my teacher Barath Shetty of Indea Yoga. Yoga has led me to amazing people and places – including Wasatch Ayurveda & Yoga. Join me at the studio for a great time! Let’s work together to cultivate more peace, more compassion, and more harmony.”
- Paramatma Kaur has been practicing Kundalini Yoga since 2000. She is Level 1 certified by the Kundalini Research Institute and teaches Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. In early 2014, her interest in Ayurveda took her practice to a new level as she began to study and implement the sister science into her life. Her classes take an approach that allows students to feel at ease as she guides them through Kundalini Yoga kriyas, pranayama and meditation. She strives to challenge her students to transform themselves, allowing them to embrace life through a new sense of awareness. Satnam.
- Sarah fell in love with Yoga in 2003. She is Yoga Alliance RYT 200 hour certified, has a Bachelor’s in Health Education, and works in the Gastroenterology and Nutrition department at the University of Utah Hospital. She is currently working on her Nutritional Therapist certification. She has a creative vinyasa flow style. Her detailed teaching is full of movement, that helps the heart get pumping and the mind-body growing.
- Sarah Jane has been a dedicated student of Ashtanga Yoga since 1998. She is grateful to have studied with Jeff Silverstein in SLC and many of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois’ students including Richard Freeman, Mary Taylor and Rolf Naujokat, Ken the Rolfer,Devorah Sacks, Chad Herst, Vance Selover, and Caroline Klebl. She is honored to be able to pass on the rich traditions she has learned from her teachers and her personal practice. She teaches Mysore style Ashtanga & the Primary, intro to Intermediate & short forms of Ashtanga Yoga.
Takara is a native of Southwestern Virginia, and it was here that she found her passion. She attended Blue Ridge School of Massage & Yoga where she received her certificate in both therapeutic massage & bodywork as well as ashtanga styled yoga. The blue ridge mountains are a beauty in themselves, just as her little massage school was. Intimate/small classes were valued, allowing lots of teacher-student time & instruction. She later attended Southwest Institute of Healing Arts near Phoenix, Arizona. She and her husband are now settled in the little neighborhood of SugarHouse in Salt Lake City, Utah.
“My dream is to bring balance, hope, comfort and emotional sunlight into the lives of others through the touch of massage and the practice of yoga.”
- Timothy Lewis has studied Ayurveda and taught yoga since 2007. He received his training through the California College of Ayurveda and Flow Yoga in SLC. Tim teaches throughout the Salt Lake Valley area. He is the owner and health practitioner of Wasatch Ayurveda where he provides daily consultations and treatments. Tim has created a community platform for wonderful teachers and students alike through the addition of his new studio, Yoga Upstairs. Tim has studied and had been practicing for many years many varied aspects of Vedic philosophy, including science of Vedic astrology, Mantra, Sansckrit, various forms of meditation, and ayurveda/yoga as a specialty. Timothy has an Ayurvedic Health Educator Certification, Pancha Karma therapies Certification, as well as a certification in making herbal medicines.